RENOVERTY is an EU project funded under the LIFE programme (LIFE21-CET-ENERPOV-RENOVERTY/101077272). to tackle energy poverty and to foster energy efficiency building upgrades in some European region, by setting the methodological and practical frame to build renovation roadmaps of vulnerable rural districts.
Research on urban-rural disparities has found significant regional differences across Europe, with rural areas in Central and Eastern Europe being traditionally much poorer and more excluded than urban agglomerations. Southern European rural areas face similar problems, with the added issue that economic differences at the urban-rural divide have been slow to decrease.
The project will aim at designing a scalable series of renovation roadmaps with operating models for rural areas in Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Slovenia (Central and Eastern Europe/Southeastern Europe), Italy, Portugal, and Spain (and Southern European countries), while ensuring the replicability of the model in these regions and scaling it up to the EU level.
- Promote the renovation of rural vulnerable districts and set the basis for the increase of energy efficiency in 17 vulnerable rural areas in 7 REGIONS;
- Empower all public (and non) actors in rural areas becoming involved in the process of renovating vulnerable districts/buildings;
- Minimize logistical, financial, administrative, and legal burdens caused by a complex and multi-stakeholder home renovation process;
- Ensure that building retrofits consider the social dimension by incorporating security, comfort, and improved accessibility for citizens to further improve the quality of life of the vulnerable population.
- Providing individual household Renovation Energy Efficiency Roadmaps (REERs) according to the distinctive characteristics of the household and of the regions. The project aims to build 17 single roadmaps which will be designed with the direct collaboration of at least 20 local actors;
- Delivering a scalable operating model, to support the replicability of the renovation roadmaps, at both the CEE, SEE and SE regions and scaling it up to the EU level;
- Identifying and overcoming regional-local collaboration barriers inherent to home renovation services in the seven piloting regions through participatory activities with local actors;
- Codesigning methodologies with the involvement of more than 600 stakeholders;
- New engagement strategies that focus on residents of rural areas.
INSTITUTE FOR EUROPEAN ENERGY AND CLIMATE POLICY STICHTING
UNIVERSITY OF PIRAEUS RESEARCH CENTER
FOCUS DRUSTVO ZA SONARAVEN RAZVOJ
CLIMATE ALLIANCE - KLIMA-BUENDNIS - ALIANZA DEL CLIMA e.V.
EUROPEAN LEADER ASSOCIATION FOR RURAL DEVELOPMENT, aisbl
INSTITUTO DE SISTEMAS E ROBOTICA-ASSOCIACAO
REFLEX KORNYEZETVEDO EGYESULET
REGIONALNA ENERGETSKA AGENCIJA SJEVEROZAPADNE HRVATSKE
MITTETULUNDUSUHING TARTU REGIOONI ENERGIAAGENTUUR
Use and follow #RENOVERTY on social media